Wednesday, November 18, 2009

School Group Visit

STARworks welcomed a school group from Badin, NC this morning, and students had tour in Clay Factory, then made pots in the clay studio. Because it was very short time, they made small plates for candle holder by STARworks NC Local Clays. We will do firing their pots and return pots in mid December. They also had STARworks Garden tour and demonstration in STARworks Glass Lab after pottery class. We hope students enjoyed STARworks today. STARworks Ceramics wants to continue these kind of hands-on pottery programs for local children for future. Your any support, donation, suggestion and helpful opinion are needed.

2 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

My niece Leah was in this group, she told us all about it at Thanksgiving, she had a great time! She got some of my clay while she was here and showed me what she made!! I'm going to fire it in my raku kiln tomorrow.

Hitomi said...

>Tracy

Thank you for your comment.

Unfortunately it was only 20-30 minutes pottery making class, but they enjoyed as well as me.
We delivered students pots to a teacher, and hope they will like it.